Saturday, May 22, 2010

I am finally a college graduate!!

As of May 14th I became the proud owner of an associates degree in applied science in Emergency Preparedness Technology!! Yes I am officially done with school..... now its time to focus on my daughter in full!

Ever since school ended I have been in plan mode for all her lessons. We will begin on June 1st with kindergarten material. I actually thought that we would just take the summer and do pre-school review and start kindergarten in the Fall but when I researched all of what is usually taught and learned in pre-school I found that Aurora all ready knew all of it........so I graduated her too! I made up a really cute pre-school certificate and put my graduation cap and gown on her and took a picture of her holding her certificate.

I planned on using Saxon homeschool math K but I just received it today and I don't like it at all. It moves WAY to slow and Aurora already knows half of what is covered. So I will be making all of her lessons from scratch for every subject, which is fine cause I feel like I have more control over what she learns from where and how. And I'm almost done planning all lessons for the first 2 weeks.

She is so excited to start homeschooling; she practically begs me to do it everyday and it really hurts to say no (cause I'm not ready) but I usually give her something small to work on to satisfy her appetite. I'm so lucky to have a daughter that loves to learn......and learn from mommy at that!

No comments: