Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Day from Hell!

The hubby is at work, the kid is finally in bed, and the day is almost over........THANK YOU!  A combination of me still adjusting to my new medication, my husband and I still adjusting to his new night shift schedule, my husband and daughter ticking me off every time I turn around, and numerous things going wrong today don't equal up to a very happy mommy.  I wanted this day over from the moment I woke up.

We didn't even start school today until around 3pm and actually didn't finish till around 8pm (it was a little here and a little there).  We did art, reading, and math today (I actually had a couple of others things planned but like I said, it was a bad day).  She got a wooden stool for Christmas last year and has been dying to paint it ever since so today she finally got to start on it.  For reading she and I sat down with the TAG system and read The Cat and the Hat.  During the story I told her how important it was to pay attention and listen to the words because that tells the story.  I kind of gave her a mini quiz on the book at the end of what it was about and what happened and she actually did really well with the answers (even making some rhyme like the book).  Then at bedtime I read her another chapter in Charlotte's Web.  We are at the part where Charlotte is getting ready to make her egg sack and Aurora asked what an egg sack is and how Charlotte makes it, so I explained what it looks like and that it is made out of a spider's "silk" used to make webs with; she thought that was pretty cool.  And for math we reviewed numbers 0-20.  She has 0-11 down but has trouble with the teens and especially number 12 for some reason.  So we did some hard studying with some flash cards and countable's and I think I'll be assigning some homework tomorrow on it and over the weekend just to keep it fresh in her memory until she has it.

Well I'm off to take a nice long relaxing bubble bath and let the stress of the day melt away!

No comments: