Friday, June 4, 2010

Ugh

It's only week one into her kindergarten year and already I am doubting myself and whether or not I can really do this.  I'm always tired, never have any energy, seem to have lost my ability to organize and plan, and I don't know why?  I'm on new medication that has been taking me for a loop, I'm not eating right, I'm not exercising, I'm not getting out of the house, and I'm feeling very overwhelmed.  How can I be a good teacher if I'm so tired to even do it?  Plus it's not helping that I teach her something and literally 2 seconds later she has no idea what I'm talking about, doesn't matter how many times we go over it, she can't or won't concentrate nor remember what I teach.  Maybe I'm just having a bad week and it will get better; plus everyone always says it takes around a year to get used to homeschooling.  I am not a quitter by any means but I don't want to sacrifice her education for me not being able to get my shit together.  I don't know what to do, mainly cause I don't know why I am feeling bad all the time?  Guess I'll just press on and try and pull myself together.

BTW Aurora drew a VERY good picture of a peacock today!  So proud of her!

1 comment:

LuvNmyAO said...

Jen, have her do starfall online. and then go through with her and reconfirm what she is learning online .. mix it up.